Search This Blog

Pages:

Saturday 20 November 2010

best inspirational books in 2010




This summer, I discovered something wonderful: inspirational romance.

I'd tried reading one before and it ended up being a Do Not Finish. A BIG one. Needless to say, I was a bit saddle shy of trying another inspirational romance.

This summer I received three of these books (specifically, inspirational romantic suspense) as gifts, all from Harlequin's Steeple Hill imprint. Imagine my surprise when I started reading and it was good. Really good. So here are some of the best books of 2010 in this genre...




1. Flashpoint by Stephanie Newtone

2. Wife Wanted in Dry Creek by Janet Tronstad

3. Night Prey by Sharon Dunn *This was one of my favorites! It's about a woman whose raptor rescue program is threatened by criminals. She turns to childhood friend-turned-soldier for protection and falls in love.



List continued after the jump...



4. Cowboy Protector by Margaret Daley





5. Running Scared (Heroes for Hire) by Shirlee McCoy








One of my favorite things about the above books is that many of them feature small towns with close knit communities. Having grown up in the South, around acres of farm land and places where most residents know (or are related) to one another, these struck a chord.

Here are some of the books still on my list To Be Read before December 2010:

The best thing? A lot of those books are available in digital book format. One caveat: Harlequin uses Adobe Digital Editions.

While free to download and use, this is different than Adobe Reader, which allows you to save the files on any computer and limitless number of times. Adobe Digital Editions books can be added to up to six computers.

If that bothers you, you can get these books in print online or at local stores.



I've got about two more books to add to this list, so check back for more updates. I might even add reviews if you're interested.

What are your favorite inspirational romances?

0 Sassy Comebacks:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...