Search This Blog

Pages:

Thursday 18 November 2010

pie envy



As a Southern gal, baking is in my blood.

I'm always shocked when coworkers, seeing me linger over homemade double-chocolate chip cookies (filled with genuine Hershey's chocolate), ask: "What's the occasion?" Um, because it's Wednesday?

Seriously, every day is an occasion for baked goodness. Who can resist a bite melt-on-your-tongue apple pie? Or a rich, sweet slice (or two) of sweet potato pie?

Which is why when I saw this



 I fell in love. Admit it: Doesn't this make you drool? Just a little bit?

The Breville Pie Maker is on sale for $79 (plus S & H) from Williams Sonoma. And it's giving me a serious case of pie envy. What do you think:

Is this wasteful or just awesome?
Would you try it?

2 Sassy Comebacks:

Clarice said...

Looks overpriced for what it is.

Dorothy Givens said...

Wow, this was on the Consumerist earlier. I don't know. I like pies (who doesn't, right?) but $75 is a bit steep. And that's discounted. Maybe if someone gave it to me as a gift (if my grandkids are reading this, that's a hint.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...