Search This Blog

Pages:

Sunday 13 February 2011

Lex Luthor returns to Smallville! RoboCop is real & new X-Men trailers



Time for Monday updates!

THE GOOD

Fantastic new reads! My goal is to read 100 books this year. Current count: 15 books. I know; I totally rock. The latest? Nora Ephron's I Remember Nothing and Lisa Scottoline's Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog.



I highly recommend these books. Not only are they funny and easy to read, they teach valuable life lessons, such as: What to do if your dog accidentally bites off your finger. (Hint: Don't leave it behind while you dash to the ER. Because your pooch will eat it.) Word to the wise...

**Note: The book links go through my Amazon associates account. Thanks in advance if you use my links to buy the books!

X-Men: First Class trailer is out!








See this? This is me, melting into a pool of geek-girl goo. Why can't this come out TODAY? My friends know I'm a total X-Men fangirl. This is definitely at the top of my To See list.

Question, though: Why does Professor X have an accent? The character is American. Besides that, I'm psyched about the casting, too. James McAvoy as Professor X?

What do you think? Can he pull off a convincing Professor X?




Lex Luthor returns to Smallville! Excuse me while I drool. Mike R - I still love you. I'll be watching you. 


There is a new Wolverine movie called...The Wolverine! And I'M so watching it the first night out. Because I adore Wolverine. IMDB states the film will focus on Wolverine's "travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior." Sources also say the film will be based on Frank Miller's Wolverine mini-series. Do I smell an appearance by Lady Deathstrike? One can only hope. Release date: Sometime in 2012.


Gives new meaning to "smoking hot."- Yum!
At first glance, I thought the guy on the right was Christian Bale. Tell me I'm not the only one?


Added bonus: The director is Darren Aronofsky, of Black Swan fame. A quote from Hugh Jackman claims the director required Jackman to pack on tons of muscle for the role because, in previous films, his portrayal of the Canadian fighter looked too lean.

I anticipate lots of intense music, dark cinematography and shirtless shots in The Wolverine. And I won't complain. At all.

And because I love Youtube, a fellow fan created this faux-trailer for the upcoming Wolverine film.








Is this how you envision the upcoming film?



THE BAD...
Borders files for Chapter 11. As in, bankruptcy. The writing was on the wall for a while, but still: R.I.P. another brick and mortar bookstore.


If you plan to threaten your school, DON'T do it via XBox Live. Seriously. Because that would be stupid. And totally, you know, traceable. Unfortunately, some folks have to learn this the hard way.

In comics, having a camera installed in your head is a super power. In real life? It's creepy. And a major headache. Yeah, I went there. But according to this college professor, it was all in the name of science.

I've got my eye on you.


& the WIW?

Brad Pitt is Daddy Warbucks? At least, if Willow Smith gets her way. The role wouldn't be a stretch; he'd basically be playing himself.  I'm still not convinced I want to see this version of Annie.

Remakes are a mixed bag. When they're done well, they can be awesome. When they're bad, they're Charlie in the Chocolate Factory (Tim Burton).That said, this remake looks more interesting by the minute. Only question is: Who's doing the film soundtrack? Someone tweet Kanye West on this, pronto.

Highlander gets a face lift - and sparkles? Twilight screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg joins the cast trying to remake this classic film. Connor MacLeod in glitter? I think he'd take off his own head first. 



Any other news of the wacky or cool that I missed? Tell me in the comments!



* Like this post? Share it with friends on Twitter or your social network of choice. Or subscribe to our posts here.

0 Sassy Comebacks:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...