Search This Blog

Pages:

Friday 4 February 2011

feel good friday: the music edition

It's Friday! Today's post is all about new, feel-good music: a Lady Gaga parody, a gamer music video and some classic hits. Enjoy them after the jump...

For the Lady Gaga fans: Someone sent me this link on twitter and it became an instant favorite. Nerds can rock too, y'all.





For fans of The Guild (Guildies): If you haven't seen the web series The Guild, you don't know what you're missing. Seriously. Stop reading this post and check it out. It's a dramedy about a group of online RPG gamers, and the hilariously painful drama that ensues when the Real World starts messing with Game World. 


Plus, the actor who plays Bladezz? Yeah, I find him randomly hot. (Update: And....I just perved myself. How did I not notice this guy is only 19?) 


Anyway, here's "Game On", a bonus music video from the series:

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=Xbox_Channel_GUILD_S4_FINAL&vid=8cb424dc-cbdb-40be-90c5-8fb450462d2f&src=CPSmall:shareBar:embed" target="_new" title="Season 4 - Music Video - "Game On"">Video: Season 4 - Music Video - "Game On"</a>




New Music Finds: I'm expanding my music collection to include more classics: Old school, smooth music from a time before anyone knew how to say "Auto tune." Classics like Frank Sinatra, Edith Piaf & Billie Holliday. My newest editions are Joni Mitchell and Nina Simone. I've been a fan of Nina Simone's work since I heard "Sinnerman" played in The Thomas Crowne Affair. So far, my favorite songs from each album are:

Nina Simone

  • Sinnerman
  • Strange Fruit
  • Four Women
  • Blue is the color of my true love's hair



Joni Mitchell 

  • A Case of You
  • Both Sides Now 



Any recommendations for music videos or songs to add to my collection?


0 Sassy Comebacks:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...