Search This Blog

Pages:

Thursday 28 October 2010

my favorite things: The Sound of Music Reunion



Did anyone see the 45th anniversary reunion of The Sound of Music cast on Oprah today? Fan-tas-tic! Julie Andrews looks gorgeous and ultra classy. I was surprised, though, at seeing some of the cast members. I didn't recognize any of them! (Except Christopher Plummer.)

If you missed the show, here is part one, part twopart three and part four. Enjoy!

I remember growing up watching this movie and learning the lyrics to the songs. My favorite was - ironically titled - My Favorite Things. Second best was Doe, a Deer, a female deer...(Obviously, that's not the actual song title but you know what I mean.) Here's a clip of My Favorite Things:



If you are ever having a down day, these songs are guaranteed to cheer you up.

What are your favorite songs from The Sound of Music?

3 Sassy Comebacks:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! I used to love this movie. Hearing that clip reminds me of watching that film with my sis and cousins. Definitely classic. Wish they made more movies like this now.

Anonymous said...

I liked the Adelweiss(?) song they sang. It was just very soft sweet adn beautiful. Julie Andrew looked amazing in the clips from Oprah! Wish I had her genes. :-)

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Thanx for uploading the video! I missed the reunion episode when it came on tv. How old is Christopher Plummer?!?

Um, I liked most of the songs but I thought "The Lonely Goatherd" was really cute.

Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...